*Scroll down for our mermaid swimming lessons and mermaid tail products policies.
A) MERMAID PERFORMERS
By booking with us you are agreeing to everything listed below.
1. Contract: By paying the invoice, client confirms the booking and agrees to the following terms & conditions.
2. Payment: Fully refundable up to 7 days prior to the event. Any cancellation after 7 days will result in a $75 late cancellation fee. The total amount must be paid at MINIMUM 48 hours before your party. It is imperative that your total amount is paid in advance so that Aquamermaid may have appropriate time to process your booking. Your performer should be tipped for a job well done.
3. Performer: We do our best to cast every performer according your preferences. A Client’s performer request is based on availability of performers and is NEVER guaranteed or promised.
4. Cancellations & Rescheduling: If we cancel on you for any reason, you will be refunded in full. If a Client chooses to cancel a party due to weather or unforeseen circumstances or illness, the Client may reschedule the event for up to a month from the original event date based on availability. Events can be rescheduled once, free of charge, as long as the rescheduling happens at least 7 days in advance of the party.
5. Additional Children: At 60 minute swimming parties we recommend a 5-10 child per performer. If more children are present we recommend to hire a second performer. Adults should be watching their children at ALL times.
6. Additional Time: Client understands that a timely departure is necessary in order for the Performer to safely commute to his or her next event. If a Client wishes a Performer to stay longer than the booked time, the Client must speak to the manager or performer at the party about the matter. Staying additional time is at the discretion of the Performer/Manager. If additional time if needed the manager must be paid an additional $30 per additional 15 minutes. This must be paid via credit card.
7. Changes to Party Start Time: Changes in party start time by request of the Client will be accommodated at the discretion of the booking team and are based on availability. Any changes must be made within 48 hours of the party date. Client agrees not to hold Aquamermaid responsible for inclement weather or other Acts of God that may cause delayed start time to the event.
8. Changes to Party Length: Changes in party length by request of the Client will be accommodated at the discretion of the booking team and are based on availability. Any changes must be made within 48 hours of the party date.
9. Location: Proper accommodations will be provided by the Client. If rain occurs and the event has been scheduled outdoors, it is the responsibility of the Client to arrange for an indoor event. Water for each performer must be provided by Client. Activities may be affected depending on the conditions. Mermaids must be given the ability to walk to the pool and change without children present. After the change occurs, guests may enter the room/yard. Guests must then be ushered out of the room for the mermaid to change into “human legs” and walk out of the facility.
10. Photo Release: Our managers may take photos at your party as a training or marketing tool. Any you publicly post any photos to any of our social media pages and any photos taken are hereby signed as release to be used by Aquamermaid for website, social media, and promotional use. If you do not want any pictures of your party released you must specify this in your contract.
11. Damage: We understand that accidents happen, however, the Client may be held responsible for any damage deemed EXCESSIVE to costumes and property of Aquamermaid during Client’s event. The cost to replace/repair damaged/broken costumes or materials will be billed to the Client.
12. Discipline and Non-Participation: The Performer is responsible for the flow of the event and activities. The Client is responsible for monitoring disruptive behavior and attending to any child who does not want to participate. CHILDREN SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO CLIMB OR HANG FROM THE MERMAID AT ANY TIME.
13. Adults at Event: We ask that the parent(s) or guardian(s) of the birthday child please stay for the duration of the party to attend to the possible needs of the children. Adults are welcome to stay and enjoy the performance, but we ask that onlookers keep the noise level to a minimum so the children do not get distracted and can adequately hear instructions from the Performer.
14. Activities: Aquamermaid purposefully plans plenty of activities and games so that the performer never runs out of things to do with the children. If the Client has a request for the activity order preference they should make this known at least 48 hours before the party. If no preference is given, it is up to the discretion of the Performer to decide the activity order. All performers are trained to read the room and lead activities in the order they feel best suits the needs of their guests. The performer will do their best to complete all activities, however, if unforeseen circumstances do not allow all activities to be completed they may stay up to 5-minutes past the party end time to complete the activities at no additional cost.
15. Liability: The Client agrees to hold and keep harmless Aquamermaid and its performers from any and all property damages and/or bodily injury damage caused by the Client or any/all guests. In any water activity, parents, children, and performers all choose to swim at their own risk. Aquamermaid, its performers, and its CEO may not be held responsible for any medical incident.
16. Safety: Our performers are trained to keep the safety of your guests in mind at all times. If there is ever a situation where the performer(s) or manager(s) feel unsafe, they will address the issue with the parent/guardian/Client. If the issue is not resolved, the performer will leave. We hold the right to leave at any time due to safety concerns.
17. Managers: If your party has a manager present the Manager’s role is to assist the character and NOT to control children/guests.
18. Your Event: Party details can always be found on your invoice and will be sent in an email confirmation.
19. Breach: Any breach in this contract automatically constitutes a cancellation in your party/event and any and all payments made to Aquamermaid will be forfeited by the client.
20. Covid-19: Your performer has a right to wear a mask and to social distance at the party if they feel the need. We request that if you are having more than a small gathering to have it outdoors in a safer space. If we cancel on you due to Covid-19 or for any other reason we will refund you in full.
B) MERMAID SWIMMING LESSONS
Trial class: Full Refund: You may cancel your reservation up to 48 hours prior to class with no penalty. No Refund: Any cancellation the day of the activity or within 48 hours before.
Party or group class: You may cancel your reservation up to 7 days prior to class with a full refund. Any cancellation after 7 days will result in a $75 late cancellation fee.
In case of any logistic problem, AquaMermaid reserves the right to cancel one or many classes. In such event, AquaMermaid will attempt to contact you as soon as possible to inform you of the situation and establish the time and place of the next classes.
All pictures and videos taken by AquaMermaid during the class are AquaMermaid property and may be use for promotional purposes including but not limited to social media, website and print.
C) FABRIC MERMAID TAIL
Monofins warranty: are covered under limited warranty to be free of manufacturing defects for a 1 year period following the date of purchase.
Mermaid tail swimsuits warranty: are not covered by AquaMermaid’s warranty. Like any swimsuit material, it will show signs of wear & tear over time.
*If you have a defect on you tail or fin, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org including a photo of the defect and your purchase receipt.
TAIL SWIMSUIT return and exchange : Once your tail arrives, you have seven days to inspect your tail for fit or manufacturer flaws. After seven days, tails are non-returnable. Tails must be returned unused. Tails returned suspected of use will only be refunded at 50% of purchase price.
ALL OTHER ITEMS return and exchange: monofins and t-shirts can be returned or exchanged within 7 days from purchase. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it.
Additional non-returnable items: Gift cards, Mermaid bra, wetsuits, silicone mermaid tails and sequins mermaid tails.
Refunds (if applicable): To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase. Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment within two business days.
Exchanges (if applicable): We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com and send your item.
Shipping: To return your product, ship your return to: Aquamermaid 4749 Resther, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2J2V4
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We cannot guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
D) SILICONE MERMAID TAIL
Custom Products are non-returnable, non-refundable. Because of the custom nature of these product, this is a firm policy and exceptions will not be made. (this includes silicone, sequin mermaid tails and shell bra)